They’re icky. They’re itchy. They make you want to burn everything you own.They’re bed bugs and if you have them, you’re likely miserable to be around.And if you got them from a hotel, you’re probably feeling a bit litigious right about now. You want to know whether you can sue a hotel for bed bugs—the bites and the monsters you accidentally brought home.The answer is a resounding Yes!—but not everyone will be successful without the help of Bed Bug Lawsuit Hotel lawyers.
Hotel visitors usually ask for compensation for the following:
1. lost wages related to case
2. reimbursement for travel costs or a cancelled vacation
3. skin disfigurement and scarring
4. emotional distress
7. discarded property such as clothes
8. pain and suffering related to bites
HOTEL NEGLIGENCE ATTORNEY :-
No one likes to think that their vacation or business trip will be interrupted by a major injury or accident while staying at a hotel or resort. When an accident does take place on hotel property, the main question is whether or not the hotel is responsible or to blame for the incident. If you suffered an injury or the accident was caused by the negligence of the hotel, then you may have grounds to bring a lawsuit against them. These types of cases are extremely complicated and require the expertise of a knowledgeable Bed Bug Lawsuit Hotel lawyer, which is where we come in.
Important Elements in Determining the Value of a Bed Bug Bite Lawsuit :-
1. The Number of Bites – If you were bitten only once, you may not be able to claim that it was from a bed bug; however, if you sustained numerous bites over your body, and the bites were in a diagonal or zig zag pattern, you have a greater chance of winning a bigger settlement. Additionally, the length of time that bedbugs were present in your hotel or residence during your stay can be a helpful factor.
2. Medical Expenses incurred – These expenses include emergency room and urgent care visits, overnight hospital stays, dermatologist appointments, and costs of future medical and rehabilitation treatments. You may also be able to pursue damages that will cover cosmetic surgery that will remove keloid scarring, as severe bed bug bites can blister and turn infected. If they do, there is a chance that the wounds will scar upon healing, and you can take action.
3. Emotional Harm Suffered – This is also known as compensation for pain and suffering or mental anguish. Victims of bed bug infestations often suffer serious debilitating emotional trauma including PTSD, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, and anxiety disorders. These conditions can prevent you from traveling, give you an unhealthy fear of sleeping in unfamiliar locations, and drive you to meticulously and obsessively clean your apartment or any dwelling out of terror of bed bugs.
4. Property Damage – Any personal belongings, including clothing, furniture, couches, luggage, backpacks, sheets, pillows, and mattresses, that were infested with bed bugs will need to be thrown out. You can opt to fumigate your entire collection of belongings, but this will usually incur great costs and be very time consuming. Victims of bed bug infestations have the right to financial recovery for their damaged or destroyed property, as they were not responsible for the infestation. The hotel management or apartment landlord’s negligence is to blame.
We encourage you to contact Bed Bug Lawsuit Hotel near me today for a free consultation so that we can help you learn more about your legal rights against the hotel.
Visit here to know in detail about Bed Bug Lawsuit Settlements.
Miami Personal Injury Law Firm,Personal Injury Law Firms Miami,Car Accident Lawyer Near Miami,Miami Workers Compensation Lawyer, When To Hire A Workers Comp Lawyer Near Me,How To Find A Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me,Attorney Scott Felicetti,Attorney Personal Injury Lawyer Miami